Anxiety can begin for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it is caused by something specific, sometimes you might feel anxious for no reason at all. There is no denying though, that all forms of anxiety can be overwhelming and sometimes affect us so deeply that we struggle to manage our day-to-day lives.
Some signs of anxiety may be:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
together we can not only identify the underlying causes of your worries and fears, but look at situations in a new, less frightening way, learn how to relax, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
Anxiety can be controlled and managed, and I can help give you the tools to make that a reality. I invite you to reach out so we can begin this journey together.